The complaining from the left just goes on and on. The actions of these people since February has been shameful. From costing the taxpayers millions of dollars due to their misguided protest, disrupting a Special Olympic event, even glueing doors shut at private school, uncaring that they endangered the lives of the students inside that school.
The latest meltdown comes from the people at a far left socialist blog in the southern part of the state. They have compiled a list of how horrible (at least in their odd world) the teachers in New Berlin Wi. are being treated.
Below are some of the evils they are all worked up about
* $4,000 deductible with a $10 generic/ $50 brand drug cost
* The deductible can be reduced by $3,000 if employee and spouse fully participate in the Wellness Program
* Full participation in wellness program: health risk assessment, including biometrics, refrain from use of illegal drugs, participate in program to reduce risk factors, coaching, diet, behavior, follow up medical care, smoking cessation. 1st year: participate, 2nd year: have to take classes to reduce risk factors.
* False reporting, such as claiming you do not smoke when you do, can result in dismissal.
* $15,000 payout and age 55 retirement has been eliminated
* Retire by 2016 at age 57 with 20 years at New Berlin, receive insurance until age 65
* Retire by 2021 at 57 with 20 years, receive 3 years of insurance
* Retire after 2021 no benefit packages given.
* 5.8% of your salary will be deducted for state retirement benefits (pension system)
* Dress Code: Skirts below knee, no sweatshirts, no jeans, no large logos, no open shirts, etc.
* Evaluations: Done yearly without notice
How are these poor people suppose to live when they are being treated like common working folks, have we forgotten that they still belong to a union and they deserve special treatment?
But one of the funniest things I saw in the post was a report of out right hostilities at the meeting. It turns out that the teachers were out numbered by regular citizens at this meeting. Because of the large turnout, there were a dozen police officers attending to make sure all went smoothly. But according to this blog, the evil conservatives were allowed to yelled and spit at the teachers, pulled signs out of their hands and ripped them up and even-handed out pacifiers to the teachers.
Now I have not heard anyone else but that blog report on these incidents, so they really hold little water. I do know for a fact that some people did bring candy pacifiers to the meeting, which is absolutely hysterical, when you think about the way these union people have been acting.
How long are they going to continue this behavior? How long is it going to be before they understand that the people in Wisconsin are happy with the changes that have come to Wisconsin? How long will it be before they come to the realization that there is a new day in Wisconsin and the old days of unions holding taxpayers hostage are gone.